Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Cell content with verification is editible in protected mode
posted

Hi,

I've just recently raised problem with showing empty entries for cells: https://www.infragistics.com/community/forums/f/ultimate-ui-for-wpf/122115/xamspreadsheet-shows-empty-entries-in-cell-validation

Now there is follow up of similar topic: after protecting the worksheet with following settings the cell is still has a dropdown and selection is not prevented:

sheet.Protect(allowInsertingColumns: isEditable,
allowDeletingColumns: isEditable,
allowInsertingRows: isEditable,
allowDeletingRows: isEditable,
allowInsertingHyperlinks: isEditable, 
allowEditObjects: isEditable,
allowUsingPivotTables: isEditable,
allowEditScenarios: false,
allowFiltering: true,
allowFormattingCells: true,
allowFormattingColumns: true,
allowFormattingRows: true,
allowSorting: true);

The editing of such a cell is still enabled and drop down still works as without protection. Am I missing some additional setting to disable editing of such a cell in spreadsheet?

Offline posted

Hello Tomas,

Thank you for reaching out.

I have investigated this issue, and I can confirm that selecting from a dropdown of a protected sheet under a locked cell should not be allowed, however in this case - it is.

This appears to be a an issue on our side, and as such I have asked our development teams to examine it further. To ensure this receives attention I have logged this behavior in our internal tracking systems with a development ID of 271674. I have also created a private support case for you that I will be linking to this development issue so that you may be notified of a fix when it becomes available. This case has an ID of CAS-209889-S8T7C1 and you can access this support case after signing into your account on the Infragistics website, here: https://www.infragistics.com/my-account/support-activity.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Sincerely,
    Tihomir Tonev
    Associate Software Developer
    Infragistics