Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Save customizations of child grid
posted

Hello,

we are using SaveCustomizations() to allow the user to save his preferred grid settings, but changes to the subgrid are not saved and so the settings are not persisted.

Is it possible to also save child field layouts so the user can restore his preferred layout of child grids?

For example, if the user moves the column "EinsatzVon" in the child grid I want to save that and the subgrid should look the same next time

Greetings

Loris

Offline posted

Hello Loris,

I have been investigating into the behavior you are trying to achieve in saving the child grid of your XamDataGrid control, and I am currently unable to reproduce the behaviors you are seeing. The Save and Load Customizations methods of the XamDataGrid will save and load any user customizations that are made to the UI of the grid. That is to say, if any of these changes are happening programmatically, they will not be saved as these methods will track specifically what the user can do in the UI of the grid.

I have put together a sample project against version 20.2.20202.16 of Infragistics for WPF 2020 Volume 2 that has a hierarchical grid and a pair of buttons – “Save” and “Load.” Using this simple sample, I am able to save and load the positions of the parent and child grid. I am attaching this sample to this post. Please test it on your machine as the way it acts may indicate more information about this issue.

If the project does show the product feature working correctly, this indicates a possible problem in the code of your application.  It will help if you can provide a small, isolated sample application that demonstrates the behavior you are seeing.

Or, if this sample project is not an accurate demonstration of what you're trying to do, please feel free to modify it and send it back or send a small sample project of your own if you have one.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

XDGHierarchicalCustomizationsDemo.zip