Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
ComboEditor with ItemTemplates
posted

Hi there

I try to use xamComboEditor to "translate" a string value in a property to an image with a description. The object which contains this property is in a collection, which is bound to a xamDataGrid. I'm able to achieve the wanted behavior, when the xamComboEditor is in edit mode and/or the list is dropeddown.

But how to show the DataTemplate, when the xamComboEditor is collapsed and/or not in edit mode?

In the sample browser, the wanted behavior can be achived, when the property 'IsEditable' is set to false. But this does not work for me here, also i need to have the properties 'DisplayMemberPath' and 'ValueMemberPath' set correctly, so the xamComboEditor works correctly in the xamDataGrid context and bound to a property containing a System.String and not an object of the values in the xamComboEditor ItemsSource.

I created a simplified test project, which shows my problem at runtime. Any tipps how to achieve this? In the sample, there is an "Orchestrator" which is the DataContext. This orchestrator does implement two properties:

Items --> The data

ValueDescriptions --> The translation of Item.Type to the Image and Description

Regards

xamDataGrid_DropDownWithImages.zip

Parents Reply Children
No Data