Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UNLICENSED TRIAL Overlay
posted

I work at a large company with an Ultimate license for our large WPF application.

Testers are reporting this overlay is appearing on a new UAT build of the application, the older production build is not affected.

This is obviously problematic.

The app is built in Azure DevOps via a CI/CD pipeline.

Can you explain what is happening and how licensing works? If our license has expired I would expect all builds to display this overlay.

Thank You, Keith

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Keith, 

Thank you for contacting Infragistics. If the app was recompiled without licensed assemblies then you will get a trial watermark. Every time an app is compiled (per machine) you have to ensure you are using licensed assemblies by using your license key during installation of Infragistics tools. Otherwise you would have to manually copy the licensed DLLs or Nuget Packages from machine to machine (eg. a server)

I'll require some more context on the details when and how the app was updated and by whom. Did that person have the license when they installed our tools to migrate to a newer version. Was a newer version of our tools planned to make it in a newer version of our app etc?

I am not a DevOps expert so I don't know if you have any Infragistics configurations setup there or not. 

Children
No Data