Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
NullReference exception on Grouping Ungrouping of Unbound fields in XamDataGrid
posted

Hi,

I am getting a NullReferenceException when I Ungroup after grouping based on a column in XamDataGrid. The StackTrace is as below. I get this exception when I try to double click on a row after grouping and then ungrouping based on a column. This happens only the first time though, when I double click on the row the second time the exception does not occur. I only have unbound fields in the XamDataGrid added in the FieldLayoutInitializing event in code. 

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Infragistics.Windows.DataPresenter.FieldLayout.a.a()
   at Infragistics.Windows.DataPresenter.FieldLayout.a.b()
   at Infragistics.Windows.DataPresenter.FieldLayout.a.a(Field A_0)
   at Infragistics.Windows.DataPresenter.Cell.k()
   at Infragistics.Windows.DataPresenter.CellValuePresenter.get_IsEditingAllowed()
   at Infragistics.Windows.DataPresenter.CellValuePresenter.OnPreviewMouseDoubleClick(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Control.HandleDoubleClick(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.CrackMouseButtonEventAndReRaiseEvent(DependencyObject sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnPreviewMouseDownThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)

Any help will be greatly appreciated. The post http://forums.infragistics.com/forums/p/11364/42975.aspx also refers to a similar problem but there are no replies to it.

Thanks,

Gagan

posted

Hi grajpal,

I think that your issue deserves special attention that's why
    I would advise you to use the Infragistics Developer Support Ask for Help page
    <http://www.infragistics.com/support/ask-for-help.aspx>
    You should use the online submission form to provide DS professionals with more detailed info about your issue 
    so that they can look into the matter further.
    You also will need to include a simple sample application (as attachment) that demonstrates the issue. It doesn't have to be
    your real application - just the simplest sample that duplicates the issue.

Best Regards,
    Yanko