Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Ellipsis in recent items
posted

Hi,

I'm trying to shorten the rendered width of my recent items list in the application menu of the XamRibbon.

I've tried a textblock with texttrimming, setting maxwidth, but none of these seem to work...

How can I do this?

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

The default template for the ApplicationMenu is such that the right hand side has a MinWidth of 250 (since it must have some space regardless of whether it has items since the flyouts from the left hand side must cover and only exist over the right hand side) so that will be the smallest width for the right hand side by default. So you should be able to get ellipses to show if you're using a maxwidth of that or higher. e.g.

<igRibbon:ApplicationMenu.RecentItems>
                                <TextBlock MaxWidth="250"
                                    TextTrimming="CharacterEllipsis"
                                    Text="This is a long line of text to get ellipses to show in the right hand side." />
                            </igRibbon:ApplicationMenu.RecentItems>

If you need a smaller value then you can retemplate the ApplicationMenu - the default styles are included in the product installation.

Children
No Data