Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Gallery resizing.
posted

Is there a way to make a gallery in the Ribbon resize as the office ribbon does. Specifically, I'd like the Gallery to consume as much space as it can up to a maximum number of items displayed (say 8), then shrink smoothly to a minimum size of 3 items shown before being collapsed.

To put it another way, I would like the shrink process to be:

1. Display all 8 items in gallery preview.
  2. Display 7 items.
  3. Display 6 items.
  4. Display 5 items.
  5. Display 4 items.
  6. Display 3 items.
  7. Collapse to a gallery button.

Am I missing something obvious here?

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

It already does this by default so I'm not sure what problem you are having. Note, if you have defined any GroupVariants for any of the RibbonGroups in the containing tab item then you must define the resize action for all the groups. When defining the group variants (to override the default resize behavior and provide the resize order and actions) you would include one whose ResizeAction is ReduceGalleryPreviewItems. In either case, the (Min|Max)PreviewColumns are used to define the range of columns that the gallery preview can use. If you still get a problem can you post a small sample that shows the issue you're seeing?

Children