Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Validating input into a XamComboEditor against the bound list
posted

I am having trouble forcing my XamComboEditor to validate any input against the list bound to the itemssource property while still allowing the combo editor text box to be editable.  This used to occur in the 8.x versions of the XamComboEditor but doesn't seem to work in 9.x.

Here is my code, defining the XamComboEditor:

<infragisticsEditors:XamComboEditor Name="cmbCurrency" ItemsSource="{Binding Path=Currencies, Mode=OneWay, IsAsync=True}" ValueType="{Binding Path=CurrencyValueType, Mode=OneWay}" DisplayMemberPath="{Binding Path=CurrencyDisplayMemberPath, Mode=OneWay}" ValuePath="{Binding Path=CurrencyValuePath, Mode=OneWay}" Value="{Binding Path=Currency, Mode=TwoWay}" InvalidValueBehavior="DisplayErrorMessage" AlwaysValidate="True" IsEditable="True" DropDownResizeMode="None" Grid.Column="4"/>

Thanks,
Rahim 

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

There was no automatic enforcement that an editable combo's value be a value from the list. When used as a dropdown style (i.e. editable) the end user is supposed to be able to type in values not on the list. You can look at the ValueConstraint (e.g. the Enumeration property of that) as a way to try to implement this or you can submit a suggestion for adding a property to enable this.

Children
No Data