Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Hiding a column in a child table from .cs code
posted

Hi,

So I have a dynamical structure that I am working with, that means that the structure of my DataTables is generated by some parameters. That structure is a relational one, I am creating DataRelations and adding them to a dataset. After that I am binding one of the DataSet's tables to the datasource like this: dg.datasource = myDataSet.Tables[myIndex].DefaultView (the table has a column that is bound with another one of a different table via a DataRelation).

The problem is I am trying to hide several columns in my child table. I tried going through FieldLayout.Fields[myIndexName] (where myIndexName is the name of the column that I am trying to hide), but it doesn't work because it is not included in the grid's FieldLayout, which contains col1, col2, ..., coln, Relation1

How can I acces the fields that are behind Relation1?

I tried it also another way, setting AutoGenerateFields to false and then dynamically creating a custom fieldLayout and adding it to the grid's FieldLayouts. But it doesn't work, after binding the grid displays nothing. Here's the code, maybe I am doing something wrong:

FieldLayout fl = new FieldLayout();

for (int i = 0; i < ds.Tables[0].Columns.Count; i++)

{

Field f = new Field();

if (ds.Tables[0].Columns[i].ColumnName == "cod" || ds.Tables[0].Columns[i].ColumnName == "tip" )

f.Visibility = Visibility.Collapsed;

f.Name = ds.Tables[0].Columns[i].ColumnName;

while(fl.Fields.Contains(f))

{

f.Name = f.Name + i;

ds.Tables[0].Columns[i].ColumnName = f.Name + i;

}

fl.Fields.Add(f);

}

for (int i = 0; i < ds.Tables[1].Columns.Count; i++)

{

Field f = new Field();

if (ds.Tables[1].Columns[i].ColumnName == "codrez")

f.Visibility = Visibility.Collapsed;

f.Name = ds.Tables[1].Columns[i].ColumnName;

while (fl.Fields.Contains(f))

{

f.Name = f.Name + i;

ds.Tables[1].Columns[i].ColumnName = f.Name + i;

}

fl.Fields.Add(f);

}

dg.FieldLayouts.Add(fl); 

dg.DataSource = ds.Tables[0].DefaultView;

tables 0 and 1 are linked via a DataRelation, something like 

ds.Relations.Add(dsDate.Tables[].Columns[0], dsDate.Tables[].Columns[1])

Can someone please tell me how to access the fields in my child table so that I can hide them? Or at least is there a way around this?