Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How can I dock content pane into same split pane it was undocked from.
posted

Hi, could you help me please.

I use following xaml to create XamDocManager:

<igDock:XamDockManager Grid.Column="0" Grid.Row="0" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" Name="xamDockManager1" >
        <igDock:XamDockManager.Panes>
          <igDock:SplitPane Name="TreeSplitPane" igDock:XamDockManager.InitialLocation="DockedLeft"  >
            <igDock:ContentPane HorizontalAlignment="Stretch"  x:Name="leftEdgeDock" Header="Tree"  Closing="leftEdgeDock_Closing"                                 TechReports:ContentPaneEvents.RaisePinEvents="True" TechReports:ContentPaneEvents.Pinned="OnPanePinned" TechReports:ContentPaneEvents.Unpinned="OnPaneUnpinned">

<My Control Here/>

</igDock:ContentPane>
          </igDock:SplitPane>
        </igDock:XamDockManager.Panes>
      </igDock:XamDockManager>

Thus, in UI I undock content pane  and dock it back again. However, it is being docked NOT into the same SplitPane  with name 'TreeSplitPane', but another pane with name  "Z3b01203308be431fbcf0039476286ca8". How can I dock it into TreeSplitPane, because I have some bindings with TreeSplitPane.

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

The only way to ensure that a pane is put back into the container that it was in when it was in the alternate state (e.g. to put it back into the docked container when the pane is floating) is to toggle its docked state (e.g. double clicking the title of the floating window). Outside of that when you drag a ContentPane, unless that other container is visible (which it won't be if it doesn't contain any visible panes) and you explicitly drag it into that container, then its going to be placed into a new container element. It really has to work this way because that container may be in a different location or may be the container for other elements. If you can explain the scenario where you require that the ContentPane be back in the same container perhaps I could offer an alternative approach.

Children
No Data