Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Summary & Grouping not updated when underlying datasource is changed.
posted

Hi I have enabled row sumarries on my datagrid via the following code

grid.FieldSettings.AllowSummaries = true;
 grid.FieldSettings.SummaryUIType = SummaryUIType.MultiSelect;
grid.FieldSettings.SummaryDisplayArea = SummaryDisplayAreas.InGroupByRecords | SummaryDisplayAreas.TopFixed;

The summaries work fine however when the underlying datasource is updated (via another thread) the row summaries are not automatically updated to reflect the changed data.

Similar issue happens with grouping.  The groups do not reflect changed data.

Is there anyway to do this?

Regards,

Offline posted

Hello,

Excuse me for the late reply, we are making efforts to ensure all posts are addressed by an Infragistics expert. We believe that the other community members could benefit from this thread as well. I have created a sample application that demonstrates an approach for updating the XamDataGrid’s DataSource from a separate Thread and refreshing the grouping after a value at the data source has been changed. In order to refresh the groups in the XamDataGrid I use the Record.RefreshSortPosition method. To call that method I handle XamDataGrid’s DataValueChanged event and in the event handler I use the following code:

private void XamDataGrid_DataValueChanged(object sender,
                Infragistics.Windows.DataPresenter.Events.DataValueChangedEventArgs e)
            {
                e.Record.RefreshSortPosition();
            }

If you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to ask.

Sincerely,

Krasimir

Developer Support Engineer

Infragistics

www.infragistics.com/support

SeparateThreadUpdates.zip