Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Combobox and Related Objects
posted

Hi,

I was trying to use a xamcombobox in my xamdatagrid and I have some questions.

1) Is it possible to bind the column to an Object, insted of a value?

Supposing I have a Employee class and a Department class (an Employee has a reference to a Department instance):

public class Employee 
{

pivate int id;
public int ID
{
get{return id;}
set{id=value;} 

private String name;

public String Name
{
get { return name; }
set { name = value; }
}

private Department dep;

public String AssignedDepartment
{
get{return dep;}
set{dep=value;} 

}

public class Department
{

private int id;
public int ID
{
get{return id;}
set{id=value}
}

private String name;

public String Name
{
get { return name; }
set { name = value; }
}

}

What I want  is having a datagrid displaying Employees, and a column with the AssignedDepartment and a combobox that permits to change it.
I can display the combobox but I can't display or set the selected value on the grid.

Is this possible? Or the combobox works only with standard data types (such an integer ID) ? How should I proceed?

Thanks a lot. 

Offline posted

Hello,

It has been a while since you have made your post, in case you still need support I will be glad to assist you further. I suppose the other community members can benefit from this answer as well. So I have been looking through your post and I created a sample project for you in which I used your classes to create data and bind it to a XamDataGrid with a Field using a XamComboEditor.

Feel free to write me if you have further questions.

xamDataGridWithComboEditor.zip