Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
What is the best way to displat a gantt chart
posted

I would like if it is possible to display gantt chart in your WPF data chart.

I was thinking of a few possible ways. One would be to uses stacked (step) area with the bottom area transparent but this would not be very efficient as it would require to have a lot more data per displayed bar than a predefined gantt (range bar) chart.

Another way might be to use stacked Y axis and uses one Y axis for each series and then uses step area for that serie.

It might also be possible to uses range area but it would require to add twice as much points to the series.

I want that the solution be as memory efficient as possible and typically a zoom on time axis (X) would be done to show one day (or less) data but we might have a few month of data. I might have about 10 series (tasks) that are repeatable and might occurs up to a few hundred times per day.

I might dynamically update series as the user scroll if it is required to have a good performance (be responsive when the user scroll) as I was doing with WinForms In fragistics gantt chart. When the user scroll, I do not want to have noticeable latency on a typical recent computer.

I am still evaluating a few chart components. Infragistics xamDataChart seems to be more complete that most packages but miss Gantt series (or range bars) and have a few other issues.

Parents Reply Children
No Data