Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Annotations on charts
posted

Hi,

I am evaluating the Infragistics products for new Financial application. I am looking at both "NetAdvantage for WPF line of business" and "NetAdvantage for WPF data visualisation". 

Currently nearly all of my required functionality appears to be present. There is one big feature outstanding: How can you allow users to annotate the charts?

For example, a user may indicate an area of a bar chart that refers to the 1930's. They would be able to indicate this with a shape (circle or square) or line. They would then be able to write a text description that would be shown on the chart. 

Ideally we would be able to create these annotations programmatically too and, optionally, for the user to be able to interact with these programmatically created annotations. 

Is this possible in either  "NetAdvantage for WPF line of business" or "NetAdvantage for WPF data visualisation"? If not, can you suggest an approach to create them outside your model? My concern about creating them myself is that the zooming and panning won't work. 

Alternatively, could I somehow extend the ToolTip model to make them always visible? This could be helpful. 

Regards

Ben

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Ben,

There are annotation features on our roadmap, but they have not been added to the xamDataChart as of yet.

That being said there are many ways that you can annotate the chart in its current state. They amount to registering for various events to know when the chart's zoom level or size changes, and then using information that the chart publishes to you to render your annotations into the chart. Here are some links to implemenations of various annotation types:

http://community.infragistics.com/forums/p/47336/259086.aspx#259086

http://community.infragistics.com/forums/p/45157/246174.aspx#246174

Let me know if you have any questions or have different requirements that aren't covered by these and was should be able to help out.

Hope this helps!

-Graham

Children