Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Use Template to show completly different row representation?
posted

I'm new to WPF so bear with me as I am workng my way through "WPF Unleashed" and attempting to use the grid to make some prototypes.

I choose WPF for the flexability and the xamGrid because I need grid and hierarchical capabilities (at the the higher levels)

I would like to customize one of the cells in a child band of the grid to display a series of values arranged using my own custom template.  There may be anywhere from 5 to 20 values represented in a single cell.  The template would be custom based on conditions of the child row. 

What I have accomplished so far is to conditionally change the FieldLayout using the AssigningFieldLayoutToItem event.  I tried to use an Field with a CellValuePresenterStyle but I am unable to access all my bound data to build my representative layout.  I can only access the field itself.

Any techniques or approaches on how I might accomplish this?

Btw, I'm databinding to an XmlDataProvider.

Thanks,

Mark Lindell