Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Error binding scatter chart to XML
posted

Hi there,

I'm having trouble binding a scatter chart to a xml file. If I set the DrawException property to false it works fine, but
setting it to true gives the following exception, which also cause it not to work in Blend:

"The scatter chart needs ValueX and ValueY. The values have to be set for every data point using ChartParameters collection."

My xml file looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    <SERIES>
      <VALUE X="1" Y="1"/>
      <VALUE X="2" Y="2"/>
      <VALUE X="5" Y="3"/>
      <VALUE X="3" Y="4"/>
      <VALUE X="-1" Y="5"/>
    </SERIES> 

XAML:

<Window.Resources>
            <XmlDataProvider x:Key="ScatterPlot" Source="Data/ScatterplotData.xml"/>
    </Window.Resources>

<igCA:XamChart  Name="XamChart2"  DrawException="False">
            <igCA:XamChart.Series>
                <igCA:Series Name="chart2" ChartType="Scatter"  DataSource="{Binding Source={StaticResource ScatterPlot} , XPath = /SERIES}" DataMapping="ValueX=X;ValueY=Y" >

</igCA:Series>
            </igCA:XamChart.Series>
        </igCA:XamChart> 

Same thing works fine for column charts etc

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

this works fine for me at design-time and run-time in visual studio 2008, and in blend march 2008 preview.  i'm not sure if you indicated whether or not this worked in VS2008 or only blend.  do i need to test it out in blend v1?  or maybe you could send a sample project, as i am not getting the same error you are.

Children