Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamData Grid Group By Area Sorting Problem..
posted

Hi,

I wil used XamDataGrid (V11.2 ) in my project.. when i wil do the group by in customized Column Like (Name Filed)  the sorting will be not working properly.. .. I thought .. Multi Sorting will be worked..  i thought when i wil gorup the field it will be sorted automatically.. then i will clicked the column header one more time sorting will be do.. SO i dont want multi sort.. I here attached Sample Application with scrren sort error also.. Pls Help us.... can u help to,  when i grouped  the field sorting property will be disable?

Thanks..

Grouping.zip
Parents
    posted

Hello,

I have been looking into your sample and the mentioned behavior is expected, because first you are grouping (which is basically a sort operation) and then you are sorting, so the expected grid’s behavior is to keep the groupby criteria, or in your case group by “Name”, and then apply the manually given sorting criteria, or sort by “Address” the already sorted records. Notice that if you are not implementing the custom grouping, you will get the affect from the following case in the Feature Browser:

xamDataGrid->Layout and Behavior->Group By External

After that you will be able to sort by address successfully, because all the names in the sub-layout will be the same.

Please let me know if you have further question regarding the disused matter.

Sincerely,

Ekaterina

Developer Support Engineer

Infragistics, Inc.

www.infragistics.com/support

Reply Children
No Data