Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
MultiColumnComboBox in XamDataGrid
posted

Hi there

I have data items with the following structure

• Id
  • IdRelated-Text1
  • IdRelated-Text2
  • other Properties

I add the collection of the items to a XamDataGrid. It displays the columns as I like (IdRelated-Text1, IdRelated-Text2 and other properties). I disabled the auto generation of the columns. Now I like to add a MultiColumnComboBox to the cells of the two IdRelated-Text columns. The multi column combobox should display the two IdRelated-Text as columns in the drop down list of the combobox. When I select an item, it should change the value of the Id column (which is hidden) and not the IdRelated-Text columns directly.

What is the best practice to do that?

Thanks
Roman

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Roman,

You can add a XamMultiColumnComboEditor to the cells of the grid by creating a new style targeting a CellValuePresenter and adding the combo editor to its template.  You can then hook up the SelectedItem to the Id property and use a converter to set the Id to the proper value based on what item was selected.

As for populating the combo editor I wasn't sure how you planned on doing it from your description so I just gave it some random data.  I've attached the sample.

Let me know if you have any questions on this.

xamDataGrid-MultiColumnComboInCell.zip
Reply Children