Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
No tiles rendered when initial zoom level is too high
posted

Hi,

when the initial viewport of the XamMap covers a small enough area (i.e. the zoom level is high), the XamMap does not display any map data at all. The issue is present also in the new 13.1 release. 

If I e.g. use a custom MapTileSource that downloads OpenStreetMap data from MapQuest, I find that the XamMap may try to fill the initial view with tiles at zoom level 20, while MapQuest OSM only supports zoom levels 0-19. Obviously the requested tiles can't be found. I think that the XamMap should try to download tiles at a lower zoom level to at least fill the view with map data at a lower resolution, but this is not the case. As it is now, I have to manually zoom out (to trigger download of tiles at a valid zoom level) and then zoom in again to get the lower-resolution data.

Is there a simple way around this issue ?
Is there e.g. a way to tell the XamMap what zoom levels are supported by the tile source, to make it at least request valid tiles only ?
Is it e.g. possible to 'trick' the XamMap to download tiles at lower resolution than the ones requested by the MapTileSource.GetTileLayers method ?

Regards,
Leif

Parents Reply Children
No Data