Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamComboEditor Foreground Color When Disabled
posted

Hello,

In our application we would like to set the text color of our XamComboEditors to black when these controls are disabled. It seems, however, this is not possible with the Infragistics.Controls.Editors.XamComboEditor. Attached you can find an example project that demonstrates this issue.

The issue we have is very similar to the issue described here: http://www.infragistics.com/community/forums/t/48700.aspx, but the project attached in that topic uses the Infragistics.Windows.Editors.XamComboEditor and is missing a few properties (like AutoComplete en AutoFiltering) that we would like to use.

Is it possible to set the foreground to black when the Infragistics.Controls.Editors.XamComboEditor is disabled?

Extra info: we are using InfragisticsWPF4v13.1, VS2012, .NET Framework 4.5.

Kind regards

WpfApplication5.zip
Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    posted

Hello!

I was looking into your issue and I modified the sample that you've attached. You can find it attached.

To change the behavior when the control is disabled and keep the foreground black you have to modify the default style for xamComboEditor. In the sample you will find the default style modified with several changes that I made to keep the foreground black.

The disabled state for xamComboEditor changes 3 elements:

1) DisabledVisualElement - to opacity of 0.1. DisabledVisualElement is an element that stays all over the control. When it's visible interaction with the control is not possible - that is the disabled state. I've change the opacity to 0.1.

2) To make the other elements less visible (disabled state) I've added a new element - DisabledVisualElementUnderText - beneath the text element. Changing the opacity of this element to 0.55 will not affect the text block.

3) Finally, to make the toggle less visible, I've changed the opacity to 0.55.

You can further modify the elements and the states depending on your needs.

Let me know if you need any help.

Sincerely,

Lazar Nikolov

Infragistics

www.infragistics.com/support

WpfApplication5.zip
Children
No Data