Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Event after *all* field layouts have been initialised
posted

Is there an event for this? The  FieldLayoutInitialized event seems to be thrown when a FieldLayout has been initialised, thus it's called multiple times after I set my hierarchichal data to XamDataGrid. What I really want is an event that indicates that all FieldLayout has been intialised and the grid in a 'stable' condition (ie not in the process of drawing and initialising the field layouts).

Offline posted

Hello victorcs,

Thank you for your post. I have been looking through it and I attached a sample project with the functionality you want. Since the XamDataGrid  does not appear to have such an event, which is fired after all layouts are initialized, I came up with two possible solutions using the built-in functionality. First, if you know the levels of your hierarchical data, I put a commented code that do the trick. Second, if you do not, I wrote a method called RecordLevels which iterates through all the records and their children so that you can determine the level of your data and know when the last initialization is.

If you have any further questions on this matter do not hesitate to ask.

xamDataGridFieldLayoutsInitialized.zip
    Offline posted

Hello victorcs,

I am just checking the progress of this issue and was wondering if you managed to achieve your goal or if you need any further assistance on the matter.

If the above suggestion helped you solve your issue please verify the thread as answered so other users may take better advantage of it.