Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How can I select / deselect points in XamDataChart, especially in BubbleSeries?
posted

Hi to All,

I would like to select/deselect (multiple) displayed points in a BubbleSeries, preferable with Click then Ctrl+Click. I suppose there will be 3 issues to solve:

Q1: How to catch the click then recognize what point is under the cursor? (what point was clicked)

Q2: How to change the point's appearance (say increase radius, by changing the binded data, any better idea?). Btw: Can I change the shape of an individual point, like from circle to square?

Q3: Maintain what is selected. (in a list.) (does any internal implementation for this?)

Thanks in advance

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    posted

Hi Justin,

Thank you for your post. I have been looking into your requirement and in order to get the clicked underlying data item you could handle the ‘SeriesMouseLeftButtonDown’ event of the XamDataChart like:

private void theChart_SeriesMouseLeftButtonDown(object sender, Infragistics.Controls.Charts.DataChartMouseButtonEventArgs e)

{

BubblePoint dataPoint = e.Item as BubblePoint; // where BubblePoint is the type of your data item

}

In order to notify that some data point is selected I am changing its color.

I am attaching a sample application(DataChartBubbleSeriesSelection.zip) that shows my approach on how to select multiple items when pressing Ctrl key.

Let me know, if you need any further assistance on this matter.

DataChartBubbleSeriesSelection.zip
Children