Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Dock Manager as simple tab control with "popout" tabs
posted

I've been playing with the XAMDockManager to get it to provide a simple tab control with four or five content tabs that can be "popped out" into their own windows that can be positioned (and layout saved).  I'd like to disable any docking ability save the switch between a floating window and a tab item in the control.  If the user pops out a tab item to a floating window the user can "close it" which would dock it back into the original tab control.

The XamDockManager has all the nifty support I need, floating windows, layout persistence tc, but I can't figure out how to do a few things:

(a) disable all docking, don't want split panes or anything else.

(b) hide the close button and the "file menu" displayed in the document content host tab right hand side.

(c) detect that change in state of a content pan from docked in the document content host to being a floating window.  This would help me to toggle the state of the allow close field which would be disabled when a tab, but enabled when a floating window.  when the floating window is closed it would redock the content pane to the document content host

I haven't yet looked at adding the "pop out" icon to the tab.  I expect to be able to style the content pane header to make this happen.

Can someone point me to examples to help with these items?

Thanks.

Parents Reply Children
No Data