Does anybody know if the xamMap control can be easily used with the HERE maps tile API ?
I would guess that most modern tile APIs are basically compatible, but as far as I know the 'default' tile APIs (e.g. Bing) that is supported by xamMap uses a Spherical Mercator projection. The HERE map tile API uses what they call a Normalized Mercator projection, but I don't know what the difference between these two projections really are.
I'm sorry for late reply but I got good news.
Yes, imagery tiles from the HERE provider are supported with some application code. I attached a sample app that shows how to implement XamMap support for most of tiles form the HERE imagery provider. Also, I added implementation for XamGeographicMap which is much better mapping control then XamMap. Note that some HERE imagery tiles (e.g. traffic overlay) are visible from a certain map zoom level so you might have to zoom in map.
thanks for the reply and the code.
Due to a missing feature in XamGeographicMap - the ability to more freely control the viewport, I have to use XamMap. The issue is discussed her:
Unless this missing feature (reported as a product idea according to the thread) has been recently implemented in XamGeographicMap, I can't use this control even though I would like to switch from XamMap.
I have been looking into your post.
What I can suggest is creating a product idea on our new site for ideas: http://ideas.infragistics.com for this functionality.
Steps to create your idea:
1. Log into the Infragistics Product Ideas site at http://ideas.infragistics.com (creating a new login if needed).
2. Navigate to the product / platform channel of your choice (e.g. WPF, Windows Forms, ASP.NET, HTML5 / Ignite UI, iOS / NucliOS, etc.)
3. Add your product idea and be sure to be specific and provide as much detail as possible.
• Explain the context in which a feature would be used, why it is needed, why it can’t be accomplished today, and who would benefit from it. You can even add screenshots to build a stronger case. Remember that for your suggestion to be successful, you need other members of the community to vote for it. Be convincing!
• [CASE: “Reference case [case number], FORUMS: “Include a link to this thread”] in your idea so product management will be able to look back at this case.
The benefits of submitting the product idea yourself include:
- Direct communication with our product management team regarding your product idea.
- Notifications whenever new information regarding your idea becomes available.
Additional benefits of the Product Idea system include:
- Ability to vote on your favorite product ideas to let us know which ones are the most important to you. You will have ten votes for this and can change which ideas you are voting for at any time.
- Allow you to shape the future of our products by requesting new controls and products altogether.
- You and other developers can discuss existing product ideas with members of our Product Management team.
The new product ideas site allows you to track the progress of your ideas at any time, see how many votes it got, read comments from other developers in the community, and see if someone from the product team has additional questions for you.
Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions on this matter.
I am just checking if you have any further questions on this matter. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you do.