Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamColorPicker in XamDataGrid - EditModeEnded event not raised if CellClickAction="SelectRecord"
posted

Hello

I have integrated XamColorpicker into my XamDataGrid, as in the example here. The problem is that when I set CellClickAction="SelectRecord" in XamDataGrid.FieldSettings, then EditModeEnded event is not raised when I have selected a color and the row/cell loses focus. The same happens if CellClickAction="SelectCell". Is there a way to solve this problem?

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Ajatollah,

Thank you for your post.

I have been investigating the behavior that you have described. It seems that it is expected, because you override the default ValueEditor.

One way to host a control for a cell is to create a custom Template for the cell as part of the CellValuePresenterStyle, it works  fine if you are just using this to render the information, but  you may lose the base  functionalities of ValueEditor. Other approach is to create a custom ValueEditor and use it as the editor for Field. What I can suggest is to take a look at the following blog post by Andrew Smith:

http://www.infragistics.com/community/blogs/andrew_smith/archive/2009/03/27/hosting-wpf-controls-in-a-xamdatagrid-cell.aspx

Where you can read more details about how you can host WPF controls in XamDataGrid.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance on the matter.

Children