Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Possible bug in Datamapping
posted

Hi,

I'm using a XamChart to show some data which periodically changes, binding to a collection whose elements implement INotifyPropertyChanged.
This is the code I wrote:

<igCA:Series Label="Patient Height" ChartType="Column" DataSource="{Binding Source={StaticResource PatientData}}" DataMapping="Value = Height; Label = Name" />

With this code, the chart doesn't receive any change notification and it is never updated.
After one day of investigation, I found out that the DataMapping property has to be written with Label first and then Value, as in the following line:

<igCA:Series Label="Patient Height" ChartType="Column" DataSource="{Binding Source={StaticResource PatientData}}" DataMapping="Label = Name; Value = Height" />

No ordering of the couples inside the DataMapping property is specified in the help,is it a bug or something is missing in the documentation?