Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Is it possible to retrieve the order of the ListObjects of a xamgrid following the sorted column order
posted

Hi, as stated in the subject:

I need to perform an operation on the collection that feeds a XamGrid reading it as it is sorted by the user.

Is there a way to read the rows collection as ordered and retrieve the data underneath to do what I need?

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Sabrina,

Thank you for your post.

I would recommend that you use the XamGrid.Rows collection. When you sort the grid, this collection will reflect the sort as well. Each row in this collection also has a Data property, so if you were to loop through each row in the XamGrid.Rows collection after a sort, you can add all of your data items to a new collection, which would then be ordered. The XamGrid also has a ColumnSorted event that you can utilize to catch this just as the sort happens.

I hope this helps you. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Sincerely,
    Andrew
    Associate Developer
    Infragistics Inc.
    www.infragistics.com/support

Children