Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Is there a "GroupBy" data source for Xamarin Forms?
posted

Hi,

in this thread there is what exactly I need to do:

https://www.infragistics.com/community/forums/f/retired-products-and-controls/64311/is-any-way-of-creating-dynamically-stackedfragmentseries-of-a-stackedcolumnseries

In particular, I need to use a GroupBy control on my data source but <igChart:GroupBy.... is not recognized by Xamarin Forms. Perhaps, It works with WPF only.

Any help about this?

Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Giuseppe,

The GroupBy ItemsSource unfortunately only exists on WPF at the moment, and the StackedColumnSeries is in a "preview" state in the Infragistics for Xamarin control toolset.

I believe it is very likely that we will port the GroupBy data source item to Xamarin.Forms in a future version, and if you would like to further ensure that it is added, I would recommend suggesting a new product idea for it by e-mailing ideas@infragistics.com. This will place you in direct communication with our product management teams who plan and prioritize upcoming features and development based on community and user feedback.

It is worth noting that it is certainly possible to use the StackedColumnSeries without the GroupBy data source, but all of the actual "grouping" will have to happen on your end. Perhaps you could group each of your data items into one by querying your data, where the value-paths to be used will be a sum of all of the same value paths on other data items belonging to that group? For example, if you had four data items with the same Category property "Group1" and they all have a Value property meant to be used for plotting the series, you would group these into a single data item with Category "Group1" and Value being the sum of the four data items' Value properties.

At that point, you could follow steps that are along the lines of the ones given in our WPF documentation for the StackedColumnSeries, as the Xamarin.Forms StackedColumnSeries will work similarly. Here is a link to that documentation article: https://www.infragistics.com/help/wpf/datachart-category-stacked-column-series.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Sincerely,
    Andrew
    Associate Developer