Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Moo2U Project Errors
posted

Hello,

We've recently downloaded the sample project, Moo2U.

Upon unzipping, and opening in Visual Studio 2017 Version 15.5.7, the solution shows the following errors:

---
Error NU1202 Package Xamarin.Android.Support.Design 26.1.0.1 is not compatible with monoandroid71 (MonoAndroid,Version=v7.1). Package Xamarin.Android.Support.Design 26.1.0.1 supports: monoandroid80 (MonoAndroid,Version=v8.0)

Error NU1202 Package Xamarin.Android.Support.v4 26.1.0.1 is not compatible with monoandroid71 (MonoAndroid,Version=v7.1). Package Xamarin.Android.Support.v4 26.1.0.1 supports: monoandroid80 (MonoAndroid,Version=v8.0)

Error NU1202 Package Xamarin.Android.Support.v7.MediaRouter 26.1.0.1 is not compatible with monoandroid71 (MonoAndroid,Version=v7.1). Package Xamarin.Android.Support.v7.MediaRouter 26.1.0.1 supports: monoandroid80 (MonoAndroid,Version=v8.0)

Error NU1202 Package Xamarin.Android.Support.v7.CardView 26.1.0.1 is not compatible with monoandroid71 (MonoAndroid,Version=v7.1). Package Xamarin.Android.Support.v7.CardView 26.1.0.1 supports: monoandroid80 (MonoAndroid,Version=v8.0)

Error NU1202 Package Xamarin.Android.Support.v7.AppCompat 26.1.0.1 is not compatible with monoandroid71 (MonoAndroid,Version=v7.1). Package Xamarin.Android.Support.v7.AppCompat 26.1.0.1 supports: monoandroid80 (MonoAndroid,Version=v8.0)

---

While help with above is appreciated, we are really just trying to get an idea what Ultimate UI can do for us - it would be nice if there were simply a version of this application available on the Play Store/iTunes that we could run without any hassle. I understand that wouldn't show some of the features, but we are most likely not interested in the 'designer' aspect. We would just like to see the controls in action.

Thanks.

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Stan,

I have been investigating into the errors that you are seeing, and it appears that these errors are likely due to the Android SDK that you are currently targeting.

You can test this by opening the Android project's Properties and checking the Application tab. Since the Moo2U app is currently targeting Xamarin.Android.Support.v7.XXXXX packages against version 26.1.0.1, we are expecting you to compile using Android version 8.0 or above. As such, I would recommend that you ensure that the Target Framework on the Android project's Properties => Application tab is compiling against Android 8.0. If you find that you do need to change the Target Framework, I would then recommend cleaning and rebuilding the project, and everything should build normally.

Regarding the Moo2U application being available on the Play Store or iTunes, I do not believe there is currently a plan for this at the moment.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Reply Children
No Data