Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Prism Event Aggregator public class SectionSelected : Behavior { public SectionSelected() { eventAg = new Prism.Events.EventAggregator(); } public SectionSelected(IEventAggregator ea)
posted

Hello, since there is no bindable property in the Infragistics data grid for selected items, I am using an attached method. From the attached method I publish an event. Then the ViewModel would receive the event and record the selected items.

My problem is that the view model is not seeing the event.

I am using the event aggregator in Prism. I can not find any examples of sending an event from a plain class (not a view model) to a view model. In the view model the event aggregator is supplied by the DI container but the attached method requires a empty default constrictor, so I am constructing it there. I am not sure what the DI container is doing (perhaps a singleton?). Has anyone done this? I don't see any other clean way to get the selected items to the view model.

public class SectionSelected : Behavior<XamDataGrid>
    {

public SectionSelected()
        {
            eventAg = new Prism.Events.EventAggregator();
        }

public SectionSelected(IEventAggregator ea)
        {
            eventAg = ea;
        }

IEventAggregator eventAg; 

protected override void OnAttachedTo(XamDataGrid grid)
        {
            grid.SelectedItemsChanged += Grid_SelectedItemsChanged;
            base.OnAttachedTo(grid);
        }

private void Grid_SelectedItemsChanged(object sender, GridSelectedItemsChangedEventArgs args)
        {
            XamDataGrid grid = (sender as XamDataGrid);
            if (grid.SelectedItems.Count == 1)
            {
                Section selectedItem = grid.SelectedItems[0] as Section;
                eventAg.GetEvent<SectionChangedEvent>().Publish(selectedItem);
            }
            else
                eventAg.GetEvent<SectionChangedEvent>().Publish(null);

}

protected override void OnDetachingFrom(XamDataGrid grid)
        {
            grid.SelectedItemsChanged -= Grid_SelectedItemsChanged;
            base.OnDetachingFrom(grid);
        }

}