Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Skip Missing LineSeries Interval
posted

I have a chart showing the application connectivity during hte day.  If the application isn't running for a while and I start it up, the chart will draw a straight line from the last data point to the new one.  Instead of this, I'd rather have an empty gap on the chart; maybe if the missing range is > 10 minutes, show a gap.  Is anything like this possible?

I saw posts from a few years ago saying that you couldn't hide certain ranges on the X axis but curious if this is still true.

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Matt...

Showing a gap in the line is no problem; that should be the case as long as your numeric (Y) values are double.NaN.  So maybe the solution is to insert a NaN datapoint when the application starts.

Hiding certain ranges on a CategoryDateTimeXAxis isn't possible as far as I know, although there's a chance it can be achieved by inheriting from CategoryDateTimeXAxis and overriding the GetScaledValue method.  I'm not sure if that's doable, but we could discuss it further if you'd like.

If it's possible for you to use a CategoryXAxis, that would be an easier solution - simply omit the missing datapoints and they will not exist on the x-axis.

Reply Children
No Data