Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
15.2 editors completely divorce NAME from ID attribute
posted

Hello,

I am trying to migrate from 15.1 to 15.2 and am noticing a complete show-stopper when it comes to the editors. When I have a text field defined in my JSP (I'm using struts) as this :

<s:textfield name="userId" id="txtUserId" cssStyle="width:93%;"/>

In 15.1 it would get 'translated' by struts and then Infragistics into this :

<input type="text" name="userId" value="" id="txtUserId" class="ui-igedit-field ui-igedit ui-state-default ui-widget ui-corner-all" style="width: 93%; display: inline-block;">

And everything was fine with passing data to and from this field to the server. However, in 15.2   it completely changed and now igTextEditor creates this :

<div class="ui-igedit ui-igedit-container ui-widget ui-corner-all ui-state-default">

<div class="ui-igeditor-input-container ui-corner-all">

<input type="text" value="" id="txtUserId" class="ui-igedit-input" style="width: 93%; height: 100%; text-align: left;" role="textbox">

<input type="hidden" name="userId">

</div>

</div>

The problem is that the NAME attribute and the ID attribute are on different fields! Now the place the user types is completely separate from the field that the server will get data from. I thought using the 'inputName' method to set the name attribute would help, but it doesn't change anything - the 'name' is still attached to the hidden input field that has nothing to do with the actual text input field on the screen.

So how do I fix this?

Parents Reply Children
No Data