Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Custom filter row
posted

Hi,

I have an UltraGrid in virtual mode. Each column has its defined data type (int, double, DateTime, bool, string and etc.) and format. I need to have a fixed row at the top of the grid. This fixed row is used as the filter row and user can enter filter expressions. I have my an external data source and I do filtering and sorting to the data in this external data source. My UltraGrid is used to display data only. There may be different ways to implement this. The two apparent ways to do this is:

• 1) To add an extra row at the top and make the data type of each cell to be string type
  • 2) To use the filter row built with UltraGrid and disable everything except the text editor

I tried to use the first method, but was not able to change the data type of filter row cells. I cannot enter a filter expression into a filter cell if its data type is not string. I haven't tried the second way.

Any suggestion and help is greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
Shaolin

Parents Reply Children
No Data