Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Group Spacing Leaves Gaps
posted

I am using the groups collection in the UltraExplorerBar and am having a hard time with spacing.  If I create a group that spans two rows, I almost always end up with a gap somewhere else.  See the attached picture.  Any ideas on how to get rid of the gaps?

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello,

If I understand you correctly, you are trying to get the UltraExplorerBar arranged so there is one group in the first column, and 2 groups in the second and third column. Unfortunately, the UltraExplorerBar is not designed in this manner. It doesn't have any real concept of rows. Visible groups are distributed equally amongst the columns from left to right. The height of each individual group is not considered. So in a scenario like this one where there are 5 visible groups and ColumnCount is 3, there will be 2 groups in the first and second column, and one in the third column.

Here are a few possible solutions:

• Add an empty group and move it to the fourth location. This will make it so this empty group is the one that appears below the "Image" group. Now set the group's Style to SmallImages, and the following properties to false: Enabled, Expanded, and HeaderVisible. This will essentially hide the group, while still taking up the slot in the column.
    • Since you have one group that seems to span multiple "rows", reorder your groups so this group is in the last column. Your UI will change and the image will be on the right, but it will have a similar layout of 3 columns - 2 rows.
    • Don't use the UltraExplorerBar. The control was not designed for a fixed layout of this nature. Instead you could use a TableLayoutPanel or UltraGridBagLayoutPanel, with UltraExpandableGroupBoxes. This would allow the desired fixed positioning.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Chris

Reply Children
No Data