Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WinPivotGrid FlatDataSource, column type recognition
posted

I use WinPivotGrid with FlatDataSource. My problem is, when i use numeric column as attribute, it is presented as measure, or when I would like to use non-numeric column as measure, it is set as attribute.

I tryed to use InitializeOlapAxisElementDescriptor event to add descriptors to shift element from measure to attribute, or attribute to measure, but with this settings I couldn't load data into WinPivotGrid.

Please, help.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Iacos,

If I understand you correctly you need to create non-numeric measures in your FlatDataSource. If this is what you need this is not possible. Calling of GenerateCube method on FlatDataSource preforms several actions. Among then for each numeric type in provided collection it creates a MeasureDescriptor and for each non-numeric type a HierarchyDescriptor. This is build-in behavior of the FlatDataSource and you cannot change it. Follow the next link to our online documentation where is described what exactly happens when GenerateCube gets called – “Using FlatDataSource”.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance on this matter.

Sincerely,
    Milko
    Associate Software Developer

Children
No Data