Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
TextRenderingMode - Group Name cropping
posted

Hi,

If I set the UltraLiveTileView TextRenderingMode = Infragistics.Win.TextRenderingMode.GDI the Group Text will be cropped as per the attached image.  The first image is with the default TextRenderingMode, the second is when it's switched to GDI.

We inherit from a base control that will change all the controls to GDI mode.  I have overridden this particular control to resolve the problem, but I was wondering whether this is expected behaviour?

No doubt I'll forget having to change the TextRenderingMode should I use this control again.

Kind regards,

Nathan

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Nathan,

I followed the steps you suggested and was unable to reproduce the behavior you're describing. I have created a LiveTileView with a Group. However, the GroupText is displayed without being cropped irrespective of the TextRenderingMode set on the control. When I set the TextRendering Mode to GDI or GDIPlus the complete GroupText is being displayed. I tested this on a remote desktop as well but was unable to reproduce this issue.

I have attached the sample project I used to test this. Please test this project on your PC; whether or not it works correctly may help indicate the nature of this problem.

If the project does not work correctly, then the change in behavior is due to differences in your environment from mine and these differences can be anything from operating system version to the specific version of the Infragistics DLL versions used. My test was performed using version 20162.1000 in Infragistics for WindowsForms 2016 Volume2.

Please provide more details about your machine and version of the assemblies that you are referencing so that I can modify the environment that I am testing in to match yours.

If the project does show the product feature working correctly, then more information will be needed to reproduce the issue in a sample that can be used for debugging. It will help if you can provide a small, isolated sample application that demonstrates the behavior you are seeing. This can be done by either making the sample that I provided more like your application or by isolating the behavior from your application by removing dependencies on any third parties or databases.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.

Sincerely,
    Sahaja Kokkalagadda
    Associate Software Developer

LiveTileViewSample.zip
Children