AllowAddNew creating a new row before expected

Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 1 Reply | 2 Followers Thread's RSS feed.

Steven
Points 20
Replied On: Wed, Aug 9 2017 3:12 PM Reply

I have an UltraGrid's DataSource hooked up to a BindingList<Item>.  I also have an event handler hooked up to the BindingList to fire whenever the list's ListChanged event fires.

On the UltraGrid, I've set its DisplayLayout.Override.AllowAddNew property to FixedAddRowOnTop.

The issue I'm encountering is that as soon as I click on the create new row template at the top of the grid, a new empty item is add to the BindingList and its ListChanged event fires with its ListChangedType property being set to ItemAdded.  If I were to cancel out of create new by clicking elsewhere on the grid, the newly created item is then removed from the list and another ListChanged event fires with its ListChangedType property being set to ItemDeleted.

Visually, it doesn't appear at all that you are interacting with an item that's already been added to the BindingList.

Is there a way to prevent new rows from being create & added to the BindingList that's bound to a grid until the row is fully filled out and visually added to the grid?

Thank you

• Post Points: 20

All Replies

Sahaja Kokkalagadda
Points 5,485
Infragistics Employee
Replied On: Fri, Aug 11 2017 2:53 PM Reply

Hello Steven,

After investigating for a way to prevent new rows from being created& added to the BindingList that's bound to a Grid until the row is fully filled out and visually added to the Grid and doing some research, this has been determined to be a product idea. You can suggest new product ideas for future versions (or vote for existing ones) at <http://ideas.infragistics.com>.

Submitting your idea will allow you to communicate directly with our product management team, track the progress of your idea at any time, see how many votes it got, read comments from other developers in the community, and see if someone from the product team has additional questions for you.

Remember when submitting your idea to explain the context in which a feature would be used and why it is needed as well as anything that would prevent you from accomplishing this today. You can even add screenshots to build a stronger case. Remember that for your suggestion to be successful, you need other members of the community to vote for it.  You can also link back to this thread for additional details.

Thank you in advance to submitting your product idea.

Sincerely,
Sahaja Kokkalagadda
Associate Software Developer

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS