Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltragridCell DropDownList
posted

Hello

I want to add a column where the user can select a value from a dropdown or enter it by the keyboard. I would like some sort of autocomplete so you should just start to enter the value. It should only be allowed to use the values from the predefined dropdown. 

Example value:

1 meters

3 meters

5 meters

11 meters

I've tried to use the ColumnStyle.DropDownList, which allows the user to only select from predfined values. However it is not keyboard-freindly. Imagaine the user has to fill 200 rows. If you select the cell and press 3 it will select it, but if you afterwards press 5 nothing happens. Only the first time. 

Then i've tried using the ColumnStyle.DropDown. But then the user can enter anything, and that should not be possible. However the autocomplete works just the way I want. 

I also tried ColumnStyle.DropDownValidate without any luck. It will throw an exception and not much usefull. 

Can you point me in the right direction?

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello Rasmus,

By setting the ColumnStyle to DropDownList, you can prevent the user from entering the values that are not existing in the dropdown. When I hit 3 in the column editor, it selects “3 meters” from the list and if I hit 5 next, it is selecting “5 meters”. The specific ColumnStyle behavior is as expected. If you are looking for a different behavior then please elaborate on the details of it. Also please clarify the Infragistics version that you are using? I have tested this behavior with 17.1 and it works fine for me.

I will further look into this issue as soon as I hear back from you.

Sincerely,
    Sahaja Kokkalagadda
    Associate Software Developer

Reply Children
No Data