Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
BUG: RichTextEditor uses regional settings for parsing numeric values into html code
posted

Hi there

We recently experienced a bug in the XamRichTextEditor in version 16.2.20162.1006 (which our app is running productively on) and i also verified the same behavior in version 17.1.20171.1000 (the latest i have).

The problem is, that the XamRichtTextEditor (or maybe HtmlDocumentAdapter) uses region settings for parsing numeric values. So when the machine uses a "." (dot) in the regional settings for decimal seperator everything is fine. But if the machine is configured for Germany (de-de) as example, the decimal seperator is set to "," (comma). And then the XamRichTextEditor uses the "," for parsing numeric values in the HTML code. For the XamRichTextEditor, it does not make any difference when displaying the rich text. But for other controls we use, the visual representation for the HTML code is completly off, because the sizes of text, lines and so on is not rendered correctly.

And i also checked the CSS numeric syntax, and there is defined that a numeric value has to have a "." (dot) as decimal seperator.

https://www.w3.org/TR/css3-values/#numbers

"or more decimal digits followed by a dot (.) followed by one or more decimal digits and"

Please see attached screenshots.

Can you please check this as soon as possible and give us a fix or a workaround?

Kind regards

Chris

Parents Reply Children
No Data