Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
3D Pie chart Tool tip appearing far away from chart
posted

I am using Infragistics2.WebUI.UltraWebChart.v7.3(old version) in my core ASP.NET 3.5 application. I am creating 3D pie chart dynamically and adding it to the Panel control but on mouse hover facing a issue where tool tip appears far away from the chart. Here is my codePie chart Tool tip issue - 

Dim chart As UltraChart = New UltraChart()
Dim series As New NumericSeries()

series.Data.DataSource = proTable
series.Data.ValueColumn = "value"
series.Data.LabelColumn = "Name"
series.DataBind()
chart.Series.Add(series)
chart.ChartType = Infragistics.UltraChart.Shared.Styles.ChartType.PieChart3D
chart.Transform3D.XRotation = 36
chart.Height = Unit.Pixel(400)
chart.Width = Unit.Pixel(400)
chart.PieChart3D.RadiusFactor = 100
chart.PieChart.Labels.LeaderLinesVisible = False
chart.ColorModel.ModelStyle = Infragistics.UltraChart.Shared.Styles.ColorModels.PureRandom
chart.PieChart.Labels.Visible = True
chart.BackColor = Color.Transparent
chart.BorderColor = Color.Transparent

chart.PieChart.Labels.Format = Infragistics.UltraChart.Shared.Styles.PieLabelFormat.ItemLabel
chart.PieChart.Labels.FormatString = "<DATA_VALUE>"

chart.PieChart3D.Labels.Font = New Font("Microsoft Sans Serif", 10, FontStyle.Bold)
chart.Tooltips.Display = Infragistics.UltraChart.Shared.Styles.TooltipDisplay.MouseMove
chart.Tooltips.Format = Infragistics.UltraChart.Shared.Styles.TooltipStyle.Custom
chart.Tooltips.FormatString = "<ITEM_LABEL>"
chart.Tooltips.Overflow = Infragistics.UltraChart.Shared.Styles.TooltipOverflow.ChartArea
chart.Enabled = True
chart.EnableViewState = True

Panel1.Controls.Add(chart)

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hi, Uday.

Here is a sample with the chart, which tooltip is configured almost the same way you have defined it in you code. As you can see the tooltip is appearing appropriately. The only difference that I see is that you have set the Tooltips.Overflow to "ChartArea", while in the sample it is set to "None", but this doesn't affect the positioning of the tooltip. Anyway you can try to set it to "None".

It is also possible that the problem you are seeing is not reproducible with the latest version of our product, which is 17.1. Unfortunately, we don't have support for chart, version 7.3, so we cannot provide you with assistance. Is it possible for you to upgrade our product to latest version? Do you see the problem with the tooltip in all the browsers? Thank you in advance for the cooperation!

Best regards,

Nikolay Alipiev

Children