Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Field Group opening and closing performance optimization
posted

Hi

I have a xamDataGrid with 119 columns, and max 1000 rows, previously (in 14.1 version) I was using checkboxes to enable some of the columns based on predefined groups. This was a rather inconvenient way to achieve what I've wanted so when 16.1 came, I've upgraded to the newly introduced Field Group-ing method. The cells a few triggers set on them, and I use it with a fontsize dependent layout. Which are both business requirements so I can't throw them away. However the performance dropped drastically compared to the visibility setting, as far as I can see from the profiling it's because of the measure and arrange overrides are running for each added column. I've also tried to change the Fields to TemplatedFields and defined a DataTemplate for all of them which was empty (thus not showing any of the values), it is somewhat faster, but not much so I figure it's not due to the fontsize dependency or the triggers in the style. Can you please give me some sort of advice how to increase the performance? (also the we have by default a size 11 font, so about 45 lines are in view at once, this is also a business must). Sample attached.

Thanks

Maxie

FieldGrouping.zip
Parents Reply Children