XamDataGrid - LabelPresenter Layout Transform

Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 1 Reply | 2 Followers Thread's RSS feed.

Dorian Bauer
Points 20
Replied On: Fri, Oct 13 2017 9:28 AM Reply

Hello,

i've the requirement to display some of the grid's label in vertical manner.

In order to achieve this, i apply a layout transform on the content presenter inside the control template of the LabelPresenter Style. See the code below.

Unfortunately, the LabelPresenter size isn't affected by the transform, thus the content of the content presenter gets clipped.

Is there a workaround to achieve this ? 

Thanks & Regards,

Dorian

<DataTrigger Binding="{Binding Field.(APGrid.IsLabelVertical), RelativeSource={RelativeSource Mode=Self}}" Value="True">

<Setter TargetName="LabelContent" Property="LayoutTransform">

<Setter.Value>

<RotateTransform Angle="-90" />

</Setter.Value>

</Setter>

</DataTrigger>

• Post Points: 20

All Replies

Andrew Goldenbaum
Points 26,205
Infragistics Employee
Replied On: Mon, Oct 16 2017 11:43 AM Reply

Hello Dorian,

I have been investigating into this issue that you are seeing, and I have reproduced this behavior that you are seeing. After doing some further testing and applying the RotateTransform directly to the ContentPresenter in the LabelPresenter's default template, I am seeing a problematic issue in which the XamDataGrid appears to be sizing the headers to the first Field's LabelPresenter size, rather than the largest one. As a workaround to this issue, I would recommend that you set the XamDataGrid.FieldSettings.LabelHeight property to your desired Field header-row height.

This is unexpected behavior, and as such, I have asked our engineering staff to examine it further. To ensure it receives attention, I have logged this behavior in our internal tracking systems with a development ID of 244342. I have also created you a private support case with an ID of CAS-188011-Y2K6C8 so that you can track this issue, and you can access this case here: https://www.infragistics.com/my-account/support-activity.

I will be sending an initial update to the private support case shortly. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Sincerely,
Andrew
Associate Developer

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS