Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Post Upgrade Designer Issue
posted

I have upgraded my project file to the latest version of the Infragistics tools.  My project compiles and runs fine, but I can no longer use the designer.  Instead of showing the controls in line, they are shown as components below the form.  I have tried adding and removing references several times.  Switching between versioned and unversioned assemblies.  Nothing seems to work.  Occasionally the designer file is re-written with lines missing.  I have to revert that file from SVN.  That last part has happened on and off for a long time and isn't new to this particular problem with the designer not working.

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello Matthew,

When you install a specific version of our product then that version design assembly is added to your GAC. Control’s that can be used at design time are of this installed version.

Please verify the below steps in order to identify the cause of this designer issue.

1. What is the complete version number of the Infragistics product that you have installed on your machine? (Including the build number)
    2. Does the references version number and the installed product version number match?
    3. Is the version number same for all the references in the project?

I will further look into this issue as soon as I receive this information.

Sincerely,
    Sahaja Kokkalagadda
    Associate Software Developer

Reply Children