Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Internet Explorer 9 blocking CDN assets... what the??
posted

I was responding to a support call yesterday when I discovered something stunning...

IE9 Tracking Protection was blocking the jQuery library hosted on the Google CDN.

Wow... That's a blow to the whole CDN concept.

Evidently, if a user visits enough separate websites that have a javascript file loading from a unique third-party location (CDN server), IE9 Tracking Protection assumes the javascript file is tracking the user across sites and blocks it.  Even if the library is jQuery, and even if the location is the Google CDN.

This is not limited to javascript files.  A quick look at my own Tracking Protection settings shows CSS, HTM, PHP, and other assets blocked.

I love the Infragistics CDN and don't want to stop using it...  It makes deployment and upgrades sooo much easier.

Is Infragistics aware of this issue, and is there a strategy for response?  Does Microsoft have a "whitelist" for sites that host non-tracking assets that Infragistics could join?

Parents Reply Children
No Data