Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraGrid & Localization
posted

Hi,

I've a localized WinForm application (default language + fr-BE).

The translation phase is my very last step in my developement cycle. But sometimes a modification need to be done afterwards. That's the moment the problems are rising.

If I change something in the form not even on the UltraGrid it happends that the ultraGridColumn variables from the .Designer.cs are renamed :

Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGridColumn ultraGridColumn1 = new Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGridColumn("xxx");

becomes

Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGridColumn ultraGridColumn10 = new Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGridColumn("xxx");

This is almost fine since it is also renamed in the default .resx file.

The problem is that it is NOT renamed in the language specific fr-BE.resx file.

So, my translation is DESTROYED.

Could you please take a look at this problem since I'm loosing a lot of time with this ?

Regards.

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hi,

What version of the controls are you using?

The Form Designer in DotNet does not handle collections well and this is a common problem with controls that use collections. You will see the same kinds of issues with the inbox TreeView control.

Having said that, we have worked around several common issues in our controls, including the grid. And what you are describing here looks like something we fixed a while ago. So you may need to get the latest service release.

How to get the latest service release - Infragistics Community

If you cannot do that, then I recommend setting your localized strings at run-time instead of in the designer to avoid these kinds of issues.

Children