Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Setting editors' width via CSS class
posted

Hi,

I have checked behavior of several Ignite UI controls regarding setting their width via HTML helper methods. They seem to work fine when the width is set to a numeric value. The problem comes when you don't want to set the width via inline styles, but rather via applying some CSS class on the component wrappers. After some investigation I am able to remove the inline style with this code for those components, which set the width as numeric value :

@(Html.Infragistics().TextEditorFor(m => m.CustomerName)
                  .ID("CustomerNameEditor")
                  // .Width(200)
                  .Width(-1)
                  .HtmlAttributes(htmlAttributes)
                  .NullText("Enter customer name")
                  .ValidatorOptions(options => options.OnBlur(false).OnChange(false).OnSubmit(true))
                  .Value(null)
                  .Render())

From some reason the combo component width is set as string, which is inconsistent from other controls. I can't find a trick to remove the inline style and ended up with following code, which still doesn't work properly :

@(Html.Infragistics().ComboFor(m => m.ShipMethod)
                  .ID("ComboShipMethod")
                  .DataSource(Model.ShipMethodList)
                  .ValueKey("Value")
                  .TextKey("Text")
                  .ValidatorOptions(options => options.OnBlur(false).OnChange(false).OnSubmit(true))
                  // .Width("200")
                  .Width("100%")
                  .HtmlAttributes(htmlAttributes)
                  .NullText("Enter shipment method")
                  .Render())

Do you have any explanation about the philosophy behind setting widths / sizes on Ignite UI components and more specifically a solution to this problem ?

Thanks in advance !

Parents
    posted

Hi Jiri Fajt,

You can override inline styles using css, for example:

#ComboShipMethod[style]
    {
        width: 250px !important;
    }

Let me know if this helps.

Reply Children
No Data