Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Running coded-ui tests from a test-agent
posted

Hi,

I am trying to run coded-ui tests from a test agent (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/dd648127.aspx). This allows a machine to not have visual studio on it and be able to run the coded-ui tests. We want it set up this way to simulate a standard user of the application, who would not necessarily have VS installed on their machine.

It seems to me that in order to run these coded-ui tests though I still have to have infragistics installed on the Test-Agent machine. Is there a way to not have infragistics installed on the Test-Agent machine and still be able to run my coded-ui tests?

If it needs to be installed on the Test-Agent machine I have another problem. I tried installing infragistics on the machine and it installs all of the dlls except for the coded-ui ones. Both "C:\Program Files (x86)\Infragistics\NetAdvantage 2012.2\Windows Forms\Coded UI Test" and "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Infragistics4.Win.CodedUITest.UIA.VS10.v12.2" do not exist as paths on the Test-Agent machine after performing the install. It seems like based on this I need to have VS installed on the machine. Is there any workaround that doesn't involve me installing VS?

Thanks

Parents Reply Children
No Data