Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Captcha and UpdatePanel
posted

Hey All,

I have an issue where the Webcaptcha value property changes each time an update panel is used on the page. the Webcaptcha control is not inside of the update panel. The code running inside the update panel does not reference the Webcaptcha control at all. 

Here is what I have found:

1. Run the page in debug mode
  2. Submit the form after typing in the letters presented by the Captcha control
  3. Stop the code on the IsValid property of the Captcha control
  4. The IsValid property is true
  5. Checking the "Value" and "InputValue" properties show that they match
But... If I do this:
  1. Run the page in debug mode
  2. Press a button that invokes the update panel
  3. Submit the form after typing in the letters presented by the Captcha control
  4. Stop the code on the IsValid property of the Captcha control
  5. The IsValid property is false.
  6. Checking the "Value" and "InputValue" properties show that they are different
  7. The "InputValue" reflects what the Captcha control has in it but the "Value" property does not
It seems to me that the call to the update panel code is causing the Captcha control to generate a new "Value" but it is not being displayed correctly because the Captcha control is not inside the update panel.

Kevin

Parents Reply Children
No Data