Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Issues with Row Deletion in v11.1
posted

Hi,

I am working with v11.1 of the webgrid (specifically 11.1.20111.2178).

I have set the attribute AllowDeleteDefault to "Yes" in the DisplayLayout element.

The grid renders a delete button on each row as expected.

I see that the button click invokes a method, igtbl_deleteRow() with the grid ID and the rowID suffix, which it uses to create the fully qualified ID, which it then assigns to a hidden field before calling _doPostBack() with the grid ID and an empty argument string.

I have the following challenges:

1. Nothing happens. If the control is meant to postback to the page, it isn't doing so. I thought perhaps this was because there was no specified event handler so I added an OnDeleteRow attribute to the grid tag, with a method I created that currently does nothing (I just wanted to capture a postback event in the debugger).

On the client side, I dug into _doPostBack() and it does a setPan() call but at some point the pan value becomes null because of a timer event.

2. I also don't see any way to specify a custom action for the delete button. 

I figure I'm probably overlooking something very basic about how to wire up this delete event, so any help anyone can provide would be awesome!

Thanks,

Rich