Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Not listing blank items in lookup fields?
posted

I have a lookup to a field in a list with several thousand items, when that list item is completed, I clear the field, so the lookup doesn't list it.
In sharepoint, this works fine, it won't display the list items with a blank value for that field.
In shareplus, it nearly achieves this, but I find I have to press "More Items" several times to start to see the items that have something in that field.

I see what is happening is that shareplus, starting from the beginning ID of a list, grabs a handful of items at a time, and will "display" them. If that handful is 50 items, and the first 500 items have nothing in that field the lookup points to - I will have to click "More Items" 10 times to get the handful that actually has items to display in the lookup.

To me, it's nothing more than a hassle, but it can confuse some of the workers using shareplus, to somewhat get around it, I've put instructions in that particular field of the first few IDs in that list, saying to press "More Items" until they start appearing.

Is there any way to fix this? A possible bug for a patch at one point?